Monday, September 22, 2014

Baby #1 vs. Baby #2

This pregnancy has been way different than the first. I had it so easy with Hanley.  This time around- not so much.

Week 13 Bump #1 and Bump #2

Weeks 6-10 were the worst. I was so tired at first..like beyond tired. Our office was on semi-vacation for a couple weeks so I had a couple extra days at home with Hanley. I would spend 2-3 hours napping during the day then turn around head to bed by 9pm. I don't ever remember being so tired when I was pregnant with Hanley but then again, I wasn't chasing a 2 year old around back then.

Dr. June arrived back from vacation at about week 10, that's when I told the office. Despite being excited about the baby, I was actually in tears when I announced my pregnancy. I was just so sick. I spent the whole morning throwing up. I took a long lunch that day and went home to nap for 2 hours.  When I came back I was feeling a little better and was at least able to make it through the day. That was probably the turning point.  There have still been a handful of morning and evenings of feeling nauseous but I think the worst was behind me at that point.

I started showing a lot sooner with this baby.  I have heard that is to be expected with baby #2 though.

I have a heightened sense of smell which I never experience with Hanley. We normally keep tomatoes in the pantry but I absolutely can not handle the smell. So, it's a strict rule in the house to keep them in the fruit bowl on the counter.

Everyone asks about cravings.  However, I have never really had any true cravings for anything with either pregnancy.  The only thing I can say is that with both pregnancies I have experienced enhanced taste buds. The difference is food tasted better with Hanley and it seems to taste worse with this baby.

Both pregnancies naturally left me feeling more emotional during the first trimester.  With Hanley, I was very emotional about all the changes in my body. It was really hard for me to accept the lack of control I had over my weight.  This time around, I feel a lot more at ease with the changes. Since I was capable of getting back to my pre-baby weight the first time, I know I can do it again. So...Pass another cookie please! J/k...

With Hanley I had the easiest pregnancy with one tough labor and delivery.  Since this pregnancy has been harder, I am fully expecting the trade off to be an easier labor! It seems that would only be fair...

Week 15-Baby Bump #2

No comments:

Post a Comment