Sunday, November 4, 2012

So Close but So Far

Shortly after putting in our offer on our house, it being accepted and dealing with all the financing paperwork, I asked Cody, "So, at what point is the house really ours?" and he said, "Not until the keys are in our hands."

That's how I kind of feel about having a baby...

Until I am holding this boy in my arms, I don't feel like he's really mine. Cody said it perfectly the other night, "It's a weird feeling to feel so close to your baby but so far at the same time."

Last night we thought for sure we would end up in the hospital today.  I started having regular contractions around 7:30-8:00ish. Contractions lasted through the night and into the morning then suddenly stopped this afternoon.  Talk about a disappointment.

Hanley is really putting our patients to a test but everyone knows that the best things in life are worth waiting for...


No comments:

Post a Comment