Thursday, February 21, 2013

Weekly Rundown

So much has happened in the last week. Here's a quick run down:

-Last Friday, my co-worker Joanne offered to watch Hanley for us. So, Cody and I lucked out and got another date night.  Having these date nights has meant so much to us.  It's so easy to get side tracked with Hanley and set aside our love for eachother. At dinner, I asked Cody, "Now that you are a parent, if Hanley was to act and talk the way you did as a child, would you be happy about it." Cody responded with, "I was a really good kid, seriously...." Then he thought about it some more and continued, "..Well, I did have a mouth on me from an early age." So, he began to tell me some childhood stories and at the end I was like, "Really, you think those things are okay for Hanley to say?!" Cody quickly responded with, "Well, it was all TRUE!! As long as Hanley is telling the truth, I don't see a problem with it!" Oh boy, are we in for a parenting ride! Thank you again Joanne, for spending the evening with our little man.  I think Hanley had a great time because when I walked in the door, he didn't even care that I was back!! He continued to play with his toys and then cuddled with Cody while we stayed for a drink.



-We have had lots of visitors recently but this weekend was a quiet one at home with just the three of us.

-I packed up all of Hanley's NB/0-3/3-6 month clothing because he has outgown it all!!! He's such a big boy now! I hated to have to pack up some of my favorite little outfits of his. As I packed them away, I wondered if we would ever put them to use again....

-This week Hanley and I went to Eugene to see my "sister" Karissa.  Karissa has been in my life since I was in 7th grade and it's amazing how close we are after all these years.  Hanley was a little grumpy when we first got there but after some cuddles with his Auntie, he calmed down.  She just has the motherly touch! I really enjoyed spending time with her, Travis and their 4 year old son.  I really love spending time with people who I feel have the same parenting style as me because it gives me some insight of what my future holds. Tredan is so well behaved, I only hope I can do just as good of a job with Hanley! And on a side note...I thought nobody really filled out baby books until I saw Tredan's!!!! Oh my, I guess I better get on something for Hanley :o)

-While we were in town, we stopped by Amie's house. Amie is so good with Hanley that I can't wait for her and Tyler to be parents someday! While we were there, Amie tried to teach me to crochet again.  Last time she tried to teach me was when we were in the hospital being induced for Hanley's birth.  With all the distractions from the nurses and etc. I didn't really catch onto it then but I think I have it figured it out a little more now! What I REALLY want to crochet is an Easter place mat for Hanley.  You see, we didn't have too many traditions growing up but one thing that I remember very well is each Easter morning waking up to our special Easter place mats with our Easter goodies. I think it will be fun to continue this tradition for Hanley.

-We had dinner with Kim and Loren while we were in Eugene. Kim made some great homemade pizza! My Mom is really sick right now and my Dad is still working out of state so we didn't get a chance to see them. Thankfully, we will be back in Eugene in early March so we can see them!

Today, I will conclude this post with a sweet picture of our oldest child and our youngest.  I am glad they love each other so much!




No comments:

Post a Comment