Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Before and After

When we moved into our house 2 1/2 years ago, we didn't have nearly enough furniture to furnish the house.  The den, formal dining room and bonus room were completely empty for a long time! Over time, we have been slowly working on the house room by room.  Decorating isn't something that necessarily comes natural to me but I have begun to really enjoy it and so far everything has come together nicely.

The Den: One thing we have never liked about the layout of our house, is the lack of a foyer. So, we decided to use this space as a replacement for an entryway.  Sometimes I feel overwhelmed decorating. This space ended up being one of my favorite rooms to decorate though because I felt less overwhelmed working with a fairly small space. I spent a lot of time at Pier 1 working on this room!

Before:


After:





Formal Dining Room: When we went shopping for the table, we were brave enough to take both kids with us to Amish Traditions. We picked out the table together then I had Cody handle the details of ordering the dimensions, wood and stain while I occupied the kids. I still plan to buy some candle sconces to complete this room but haven't found the perfect ones yet. 

Before:



After:




Bonus Room: We initially ordered the sectional for the bonus room and then didn't do much with the room after that.  It took us a loooong time to agree on a coffee table, entertainment stand, and a theme for the room.  I finally found the perfect coffee table at Real Deals but then found it impossible to find an entertainment stand to coordinate.  After months and months of searching, Cody finally caved and we ordered one from Amish Traditions so I could match the mahogany wood.

I decided on a "travel" theme for the room and I really wanted a set of luggage shelves.  When I showed Cody some I wanted to order online he said no way we were going to pay over $100 for shelves when he could make them for a fraction of the price. So, I went to Good Will in search of a couple old suitcases and as promised, he made me shelves.  He decided to one-up Pinterest and make me a set of globe shelves too.  After a trip to an antique shop, Home Depot and a days worth of work in the garage, I had myself a set of globe shelves too! He even installed a light in the upper globes. They are absolutely amazing and one of a kind! This room is full of so many great memories and thankfully there is lots of space to add future adventures to come!

Before:





After:






The house has been a work in progress (and still is) but I am pretty happy with how much we have accomplished over the last couple years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment